Dine-In: Bluestone Lane Collective Cafe

Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Dine-In series is back!! After lots of slacking and being begged for restaurant suggestions from friends (and now living in the culinary capital of the world!) I figured it was time to bring it back...with brunch!

In love with their bright colored tables outside! (image via)
(image via)
Bluestone Lane Collective Cafe: 22 Greenwich Ave., New York, NY 10004

My first Saturday in the city I decided to do a little exploring in the West Village and take myself to brunch because you can only rely on yourself sometimes to explore, right? Bluestone Lane Collective Cafe seemed to be a fun, popular place to go from what I've seen/heard, and to be honest, their avocado toast looked hella-amazing in pictures.

Like many restaurant spaces in New York, it was a tiny, intimate, and a tad bit claustrophobic. But I think I determined it was a- crowded considering the time and b- part of the restaurant's charming personality. Now, if you know me I have a weird anxiety about eating alone. However, for this I decided to suck it up, read a book, and eavesdrop to the two hungover girls sitting next to me. 


Being my first brunch in the city, I didn't want to drop over $10 for avocado toast just yet (toast really shouldn't be that expensive, but I've found most are worth it), so I just settled with a de-licious pastry and a cappuccino at a reasonable price and swore I'd return in a couple weeks time.

(image via)
Bluestone Lane also has three other coffee shops (not to be confused with the cafe in the West Village) in Manhattan. One just happens to be in my neighborhood, so if you ever find yourself in the Financial District give me a call!

No comments

Post a Comment