Simple Ice Cream

Monday, July 13, 2015


Ice cream is my go-to summer time guilty pleasure. If I could have it my way I would sit with a huge tub of homemade peach ice cream for hours while shooting the breeze.

A couple weeks ago I brought home bananas from the grocery store and completely forgot about them. I absolutely hate hate hate wasting food, so I figured I could throw them in the freezer to have a snack later or use them to make a smoothie. Don't know what I was thinking, at all, but my roommate suggest that I make - you guessed it! - ice cream! 

The best thing about this recipe is that it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and no-sugar-added!! You're so welcome, folks.

So let's get to it... you'll need: 

a banana or two

a food processor 

(that's it!)
SIMPLE BANANA ICE CREAM

Cut the bananas into small pieces (the smaller the better) and blend! The bananas will become creamy gooey. Place into a freezer safe container and let harden a bit more...or don't. Your choice.

You can also add a few more ingredients (recipes via The Kitchn Cookbook) to give your taste buds a little party. 

Nutella Banana Ice Cream...yes please!
Blend in 1/3 cup Nutella spread.

Dark Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
Blend in 6 tablespoons cocoa powder, ¼ cup heavy cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.

Orange Dreamsicle Banana Ice Cream
Blend in 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup heavy cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.

Strawberries and Cream Banana Ice Cream
Blend in 2/3 cup chopped frozen strawberries and 1/4 cup heavy cream until smooth.

No comments

Post a Comment