Hydrate Your Skin

Thursday, February 19, 2015

image via A Piece Of Toast
This cold weather on the East Cost (especially here in New York) is killing me. Counting down the days until spring has never been more real until now, but believe me when I say this winter needs to end soon because it has really putting a number on my face.

My skin is typically naturally dry and sensitive (I always lean on this moisturizer underneath my Bare Minerals foundation), and I finally decided to do something about it after having a little visit to the make up counter. Judging by the make up artist's comments, my lowly powder foundation apparently just didn't cut it. Thus, my journey for a CC Cream or tinted moisturizer began that would cover up imperfections as well as look like I have something on, without a cake face (sometimes we that, ladies).

 I stopped by my local Sephora back in Atlanta about a week before I left and expressed my concerns to the staff. They were so helpful and suggested I go with Bare Minerals new Complexion Rescue instead of the Nars tinted moisturizer I was about to snag. Their reasoning was that it is formulated to go with Bare Minerals (if I choose to wear foundation with it) and designed not to look cake-y. Okay. Maybe they just told me what I wanted to hear or to get a better sale, but it worked. They demonstrated in the store. I shot down a sample bottle right away and decided to go forth with a full fledged purchase.

 So, now it's been a few weeks and whatever they put in it is magic! It really is the perfect mix of a BB cream, CC cream, and tinted moisturizer in a gel form. You really can't tell that you have it on! I like use the beauty blender with it although they have a brush that is supposed to pair perfectly with it, but to each their own, right?

Like I said before, I have pretty sensitive skin so I love the fact that it's hypoallergenic and has an SPF!

A few notables that I've been wanting to try, but I can't force myself away from Bare Minerals are NARS tinted moisturizerClinique CC Cream, and Smashbox BB Cream.




No comments

Post a Comment