Schlovey Dovy

Monday, February 9, 2015

A while back I read this post from Hallie about falling in love - with anyone. Bloggers everywhere seem to be answering (some of) these 36 questions from the New York Times article, and I figured, why not jump on in?

If you haven't heard anything about this theory from psychologist Arthur Aron, let me enlighten you. Essentially it explores how the theory of mutual vulnerability fosters closeness, meaning intimacy can be accelerated between two strangers by answering three sets of personal questions.

Ready for some spilling?



(A LITTLE CLIP FROM) DR. ARON'S 36 QUESTIONS TO ASK TO FALL IN LOVE

Would you like to be famous? In what way? Not quite famous, but I'd like to be a positive figure in lives of women of all ages. 

Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why? Always, to a flaw. And you know what? It almost never comes out how it's rehearsed.

When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else? All morning I was listening to this playlist on Spotify of all the Grammy Nominations, and because Sam Smith just has a way of giving you all the feels I had to belt out Stay With Me on the way to the office. There's something just so enthralling about belting out a song in your car. The acoustics aren't bad in there either, because I think I sound like Mariah Carey. The last time I sang to someone was in New York to my mom right after we saw Les Mis.

For what in your life do you feel most grateful? Family; they have given me everything I have never deserved. 

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be? Either the ability to eat anything I wanted and never gain weight or the ability to sing. If I could eat endless queso or sing like Beyonce life would be perfect.

Is there something you've dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it? I was about to say move to New York, but I guess I'm in the process of that right now.

What do you value most in a friendship? Loyalty and honesty. Please tell me if I have something in my teeth.

If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know. I cry. I cry, a lot. And can get super angry when I get hungry.

When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself? Like I just said, I'm a crier. I cried in front of my mom a few times this weekend because, well, she's my mom and I was incredibly overwhelmed. Last time I cried by myself, I will admit, another move-related episode (do you sense a theme lately?). I got home to find that breaking my lease would have been three times what I thought it would be. I panicked, I cried in the shower, I cried all the way to a party I was supposed to go to. But in the words of my mom, "All will be well." And it was.

What would constitute a "perfect" day for you? You know, there are so many perfect day scenarios that I couldn't pick just one. But waking up early but rested and then devouring a Mama's Boy biscuit and jam with a massive cup of coffee would be a must. The weather would be about 70 degrees and after breakfast I would walk around town with my best girl friends (assuming we would all be back together). Going to a park and day drinking would definitely be in the picture and we'd close out the day with, what else, mexican food with queso and tacos and margs and laughter.

If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future, or anything else, what would you want to know? Are there any hardships that will be coming my way soon that I can prepare for? 

How do you feel about your relationship with your mother? You know the saying, "You eventually turn into your mother?" Its true, and I'm not complaining about it. I can't go a day without calling my mom, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why? Assuming I already had my phone on me I'd grab my folder that contains all of my important information - lease info, birth certificate, tax forms, etc. How very grown up of me, right?


Come on, now it is your turn!

**EDIT: Check out this hilarious article that basically throws this one to the wayside!

No comments

Post a Comment