Dine In 52, Number 2: Rosebud

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

image via


what: Rosebud
where: 1397 North Highland Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30306
the scene: industry dinner, wine galore

It seems all I do is eat. Advertising folks should be called Professional Diners because I haven't stopped eating at new places since I started. This definitely isn't my second new Atlanta dive since the 1st, but I'm convincing myself I'll be back for more at just about every place we visit.

I have had so many friends tell me about Rosebud in the Virginia Highland neighborhood of Atlanta, and I finally had the chance to attend. Yesterday some coworkers and I attended a James Brown themed 5 course dinner for a networking event, and it was the most amazing dinner - with a different wine paired for each course and a really cool twist on some southern favorites.

On the menu included:
"Hot Pants Red Bean Soup"
"Crispy Mother Popcorn Shrimp"
"Try Me-Twice Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs" (with grits!)
"Make It Funky Oyster Dressing Stuffed Pork Loin"
"Out of Sight Sweet Potato Ice Cream Sundae"

Rosebud is the kind of place that draws people in, and makes you feel as if you've known everyone for years. They seem to really focus on having a great time with music, drink, and your neighbor. The chef came out to greet us, and the vibe he gave off showed just how passionate he is about his work. I heard they have the best brunch in Atlanta, so I just might have to go back.

You can follow Rosebud on Facebook, and their hilarious chef/owner Ron Eyester on Twitter and Instagram!

Your thoughts on Rosebud? Have you ever been?

2 comments

  1. Hi! I came across your blog via your comment on Mackenzie Horan's recent post and I have to say your blog looks beautiful! I've never been to Atlanta before but if I go I definitely want to stop by this place. It looks amazing and the menu you had sounds delish (:

    - Kelsey
    http://kelseydefined.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kelsey! Thank you so much, and thanks for stopping by! It's definitely still a work in progress. Haha. The menu we had was a preset menu for the dinner I attended, but their regular dinner and brunch menus (can be found on their website) look PHENOMENAL. I fully intend on going back soon. Atlanta is such a neat place; there is definitely more than what meets the eye. If you're ever in the area give me a ring, and we'll grab coffee or something!

      Delete